Calcium-Magnesium-D3-Zinc - 120 soft capsules
No. notification to the AEO: 69400 / 29-10-2008
Magnesium is an important component for almost every function and tissue of the body, from the heart to the bones and for almost all organs, while it plays an important role in a variety of diseases. The functions of about 350 enzymes depend on magnesium, including the enzyme for energy production in every cell of our body. Magnesium, although not a key component of bone marrow structure, appears to be superficially bound to it. 60% of magnesium is found in bones and plays a key role in calcium absorption and muscle relaxation.
Magnesium deficiency appears to play a role in increasing heart attacks and strokes, as reported in the case of menopausal women in the so-called Women’s Health Initiative studies. The women in this study underwent hormone therapy and according to the data from this study, magnesium appeared to prevent the formation of blood clots that - in this type of treatment - are caused by estrogen. More specifically, for women 1,200 mg. calcium and 600 mg. magnesium a day are enough to maintain balance in their body.
NOW Calcium & Magnesium formulation contains a truly balanced combination of calcium and magnesium 2: 1 (ratio of calcium to magnesium two to one) to ensure the proper use of both metals by the body. This balanced combination is enriched with vitamin D which enhances the absorption of calcium, supporting its transport from the blood to the bones. The composition of Calcium & Magnesium also contains zinc which is necessary for the proper production of bone tissue.
CAUTION: The following contraindications-interactions apply to all calcium supplements:
• Patients with hyperparathyroidism or cancer should not use calcium supplements without a doctor's recommendation. Patient monitoring is considered mandatory.
• Do not take calcium supplements with antihypertensive drugs without medical recommendation and monitoring of the patient by a specialist doctor.
• The use of calcium can affect the action of antihypertensive drugs by increasing their action.
• Concomitant use of antihypertensive calcium channel blockers and Dicalcium Malate may interfere with the action of the drug.
Calcium can reduce the absorption of drugs such as biophosphates (etidronate), the antibiotics fluoroquinolines, 4-quinolines and 4-cyclins, and also fluoride.
Calcium is best used at least three hours apart from other medicines.
Co-administration of calcium with tamoxifen may lead to an excessive increase in blood calcium levels.
Dietary supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. This product is not intended to prevent, treat or cure any human disease. Check with your doctor if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, taking medication or have any health problems. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Keep in a cool and dry environment.
* The package may contain an Ageless® Oxygen Absorbers bag that helps control moisture during the life of the product. Do not consume or remove from the original package. Close the cap thoroughly after each use.